The Financial Services Council has announced the launch of its ‘Get in Shape’ Advice Summit set for February 2020.
Organised by the FSC, FMA, MBIE and Financial Advice New Zealand, the event is for all advisers, dealer groups, suppliers and other industry stakeholders.
The event aims to help advisers prepare their businesses for the new financial advice regime and attendees will:
- Hear representatives from MBIE, the FMA and the Code Working Group answer questions about what businesses need to do to comply with the new requirements
- Hear from financial advisers about how they have adapted their businesses to prepare for the new requirements
- Get information to help them get their businesses in shape for 29 June 2020
- Hear from leading NZ economists about the outlook for 2020
- Network with peers and hear from industry leaders
- Speak to suppliers for practical help and support through the changes
A new addition to the 2020 programme is an optional Masterclass called Unlocking the Code: Adding value for your clients and building trust in you, their adviser.
FSC Chief Executive, Richard Klipin, says, “Now the dates are locked in for the implementation of the new regime, it’s time for the community to get together to share experiences, support each other and make sure that financial advice in New Zealand continues to thrive for the benefit of Kiwi’s.”
MBIE Manager Financial Markets, Sharon Corbett, added, “We have been developing the new regime with industry over a number of years, and at the previous two summits we were able to update on progress. Now that we have the date fixed for implementation, it is about moving from theory to practice.”
Also commenting on the event, FMA Director of Market Engagement, John Botica, said, “Transitional Licensing is now open, and now is the opportunity for firms and advisers to choose how they will play their part in the future delivery of quality financial advice for all New Zealanders. This is a big change for everyone offering financial advice and we are here, through events like Get In Shape, to help.”
Financial Advice New Zealand CEO, Katrina Shanks, noted, “We’re delighted to help bring these summits to the sector. With the new financial regime coming into force just four months later, they are must-attend events for advisers – particularly the Code Masterclass session on their obligations and changes in advice processes.”
The February 2020 Summits will be held in Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington and Dunedin.
Click here to view the event dates, the programme and to register.