The Financial Services Council (FSC) and Workplace Savings NZ have announced Commerce and Consumer Affairs Minister, Kris Faafoi, will be making a keynote presentation at their combined September Conference.
This confirmation was included in a broader release of other details relating to what is becoming a significant annual event for the NZ financial services sector.
Other speakers at the event, which will be delivered under a Shaping Futures theme, include:
- Rob Everett: CEO of the FMA
- Hon. Grant Robertson: Minister for Finance, Minister for Sport and Recreation and Associate Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage
- Hon. Amy Adams: National’s finance spokesperson
Life insurance topics at this year’s Conference, which also offers up to ten CPD hours for advisers, include:
- Mental health – shifting mindsets
- The insurance industry in 2023
- Connecting better to consumers
- Advice automation
A number of panel debates will also be held, covering topics including: global issues, trust and the impact of technology.
FSC CEO, Richard Klipin, said registrations are significantly higher than last year, adding the conference will be a place to “…get a temperature check of the state of the sector and in a time of regulatory change and scrutiny, it’s a don’t-miss event”.
RiskinfoNZ will be reporting all key life insurance industry and financial advice-related issues from this year’s Conference, which will be held at the Pullman Hotel in Auckland on 6-7 September 2018.
Click here to access the 2018 FSC WSNZ Conference brochure.